News & Updates
- 2013 Directory of Summer Camps and Programs
- Pursuing Equity Through Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- Single-Sex Education: The Connecticut Context
- The Perceptions of General Education Teachers about the Over-Representation of Black Students in Special Education
- Technology and Transition: Resource Guide to Creating and Sustaining an AT Team at the High School Level
|Determining Eligibility for Special Education Speech and Language Services under IDEA|
A tutorial designed to ensure that CT school Speech-Language Pathologists are practicing in accordance with the re-authorization of IDEA 2004.
Guidelines for Speech & Language Programs:
Determining Eligibility for Special Education Speech and Language Services under IDEA
(CSDE, Revised 2008)
Only revisions to the Guidelines are highlighted in this tutorial. Discussion is not offered for those sections in which little or no change was made.
The revised Guidelines, including templates for forms, are available on CSDE’s Web site.
SERC will not be offering CEUs for this tutorial, but districts can provide individual or group CEUs for their staff. The training, which includes content, discussion points, and opportunities for personal or group reflection and application to practice, can be completed in approximately 2 hours (.2 CEUs). A brief description of the tutorial and learner outcomes are described in the presentation linked below. This information also can be used for CEU purposes.
The tutorial is presented in Microsoft PowerPoint format with embedded notes. Download the tutorial here.