News & Updates
- 2013 Directory of Summer Camps and Programs
- Pursuing Equity Through Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- Single-Sex Education: The Connecticut Context
- The Perceptions of General Education Teachers about the Over-Representation of Black Students in Special Education
- Technology and Transition: Resource Guide to Creating and Sustaining an AT Team at the High School Level
|Leadership resources available at the SERC Library|
Villani, S. (2002). Mentoring programs for new teachers: Models of induction and support. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
This book offers a number of ways in which schools can support and empower teachers by providing mentoring programs that help train and retain teachers.
Gabriel, J.G. (2005). How to thrive as a teacher. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
The author explores the responsibilities and rewards of teacher leadership, offering practical, positive advice on: identifying leadership qualities and building a team; enhancing communication and earning respect; overcoming obstacles and implementing change; energizing colleagues and strengthening morale; and improving student and teacher acheivement.
Covey, S. R. (Writer/Director). (n.d.) Beyond principle-centered leadership: Empowerment. Washington, DC: Quality Learning Services.
This video is based on the author’s book First Things First and reports on standard practices of highly effective people and how they stay empowered within their organizations.