The CT State Department of Education has prepared these useful guides for paraprofessionals, on a variety of timely topics in education. Check them out!
|Common Core State Standards: Connecticut's Vision|
How are the Standards transforming teaching and learning?
The CT State Department of Education sponsored a statewide forum on "Connecticut’s Vision for Implementing the Common Core State Standards." The forum, held September 26, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, featured keynote speaker Dr. Sandra Alberti of Student Achievement Partners. In her presentation, Dr. Alberti summarized how the Standards are transforming teaching and learning.
Dr. Alberti's accompanying powerpoint presentation is available for download
If you're having difficulty viewing the above video, you can download it here for offline viewing. (.wmv format, approx 200mb)
News & Updates
- 2013-2014 CMT/CAPT Skills Checklist Training
- 2013 Directory of Summer Camps and Programs
- Pursuing Equity Through Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- Single-Sex Education: The Connecticut Context
- The Perceptions of General Education Teachers about the Over-Representation of Black Students in Special Education
- Technology and Transition: Resource Guide to Creating and Sustaining an AT Team at the High School Level
- 2014 Connecticut Paraprofessional of the Year Program
- Target Field Trip Grants Program
- Information regarding CT's New Accountability System
- Job Embedded Professional Development: Teaching and Learning
- School Governance Councils Overview
- Understanding and Working with Children in Military Families