Participation is limited so register EARLY using the link below.
The Connecticut Secondary Transition Symposium Planning Committee (see sponsors below) is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Symposium focused on helping school districts improve secondary transition practices. For the first time, the Symposium will include sessions just for students making college and career choices, as well as for families and professionals.
We are excited to announce that Spectrum Unplugged, a nationally recognized panel of individuals with Autism, will be presenting a keynote session at this year’s Symposium.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Secondary Transition 101
- Mental Health and Transition Services
- Assistive Technology
- Self-Advocacy/Soft Skills
- Transition Assessment/Person-Centered Planning
- Employment Options
- Working with Adult Service Agencies
- Transition for Individuals with ASD
- Preparing for College/Differences with HS
- Applicant Tracking Systems/Electronic Job
- Applications/Finding the RIGHT Job
Who Should Attend?
Parents/Families/Caregivers along with their Middle and/or High School Students with Disabilities, Transition Specialists, Special Education Teachers, Vocational/Career/VR Professionals and School Administrators.
- June 21, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. &
- June 22, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Registration/Breakfast – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Gateway Community College 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT
- Cost- $75.00 for Educators/Professionals
- ** Students & Families may attend at no cost!**
For more information, please contact: