Presenters will share information and their experience on these topics and respond to questions throughout the webinar. The webinar will be archived on both the CSDE and SERC websites following the live broadcast.
- Introduction/Learner Objectives
- 05:45 - Part 1: Middle and High School Students with SLD/Dyslexia
- 53:45 - Part 2: Assistive Technology Supports for Secondary Students with SLD/Dyslexia
- 1:33:00 - Part 3: Building Capacity: A CT Public School System's Experience
Handout downloads and Related links
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Assessing Students’ Needs for Assistive Technology (ASNAT)
- Connecticut Assistive Technology Guidelines
- Improving Special Education: DMC’s Best Practices for Cost Effectively Raising Achievement
- Tech Tools for Students with DYSLEXIA (NEAT)
- Universal Design for Learning Guidelines
- Specific Learning Disability/Dyslexia: Frequently Asked Questions
- International Dyslexia Association - Effective Reading Instruction
- Strategic Instruction Model
- Word Generation
- Reciprocal Teaching
- CT Assistive Technology Guidelines (external link)
- Dyslexia App Wheel
- International Dyslexia Association
- National Center on Intensive Intervention
- Tennessee Center for the Study and Treatment of Dyslexia
- Read&Write for Google Chrome Quick Reference Guide
- Reciprocal Teaching
- Shanahan, T. & Shanahan, C. (2008). Teaching disciplinary literacy to adolescents.
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Margie Gillis, Ed.D.
President & Founder, Literacy How
Jane Lefante, M.S. Ed., CAPS
Assistive Technology Specialist
New England Assistive Technology (NEAT), at Oak Hill
Allison Van Etten
Director of Special Services
Stonington Public Schools
Certificates of Attendance & Group Viewing
Viewing as a group is welcome; only one group member needs to register unless certificates of attendance are desired.
Optional certificates of attendance will be issued only when requested in advance, during the registration process. If viewing as a group, all participants who desire a certificate of attendance must register for the webinar individually.
SERC will not issue certificates of attendance to viewers who are not individually pre-registered.